Kettlebells is an ancient fitness regimen that was developed and brought to the US by Russian trainers. The shape of a kettlebell provides the “unstable force” and facilitates ballistic and swinging movements. Kettlebell workouts are primarily aimed at building total core strength instead of achieving a ripped bodybuilder physique. Exercises with this gear is considered an aerobic workout due to a high heart rate.
Dave Randolph, the author of the Ultimate Kettlebells Workbook, is an owner of a small fitness center that specializes in kettlebell training for general fitness, strength and conditioning, and fat loss, in particular for people that are in their 40’s. He’s been training with kettlebells for over 10 years and he’s worked with some of most famous instructors in the filed. In addition, Dave has studied Shaolin Do kung fu for over 20 years and holds a 6th degree Associate Master in this art.
The Ultimate Kettlebells Workbook is aimed at anyone that is eager to use this basic gear for building core body strength, from beginners to advanced users. It offers a progressive program for people of all levels of fitness. The book is very informative and detailed yet easy to understand and follow without a need to look for more information elsewhere. Beside the exercises the author provides general program building principles for creating your own custom routines. In addition, Dave includes a wide range of warm up and cool down exercises for a safe workout with kettlebells.
- The book is somewhat difficult to use in a kindle format. The reason being, there are no page numbers on a Kindle, which makes it harder to search for related information within the book.
- Although the book includes plenty of pictures demonstrating the exercise progression it may be harder to follow than a DVD workout.
- It is a progressive program for people of all fitness levels. The book presents in depth information and a good variety of different modifications and difficulty levels for the kettlebell exercises.
- The information is presented in a clear and easy to understand manner. All exercises are well explained using text and photographs.
- The author provides specific safety information such as avoiding injury, handling fatigue, etc.
- Great deal of information for an affordable price.
Anyone interested the Ultimate Kettlebells Workbook can have a brief look inside on amazon.com